Spanish Immigration Law



Due to the geographical characteristics of Spain, it is find very appealing for many people from different cultures to live permanently or temporarily. Each year, Spain receives millions of visitors or tourists and many of them come back every season due to the climate, the lifestyle, the hospitality, etc. Spain belongs to the European Union; therefore, EU citizens are entitled free movement around the Schengen area for tourism or study. However, non EU citizens require a visa to enter the country. The Spanish Laws foresees different types of visa depending on the purpose of your visit when entering the country.

Whether you are planning to study, work or just reside in Spain, you will need a permit, thus our Law Firm can assess you and guide you over the process to apply for your visa. Just by scheduling a legal consultation with us, our immigration attorney will evaluate your personal, financial and professional profile to fit it with the appropriate type of visa for you. If you already have in mind a type of visa to apply for, we can verify if it’s the right for you and review the documentation you have gathered to help you avoiding problems when applying.

As a Law Firm with many years of experience and a highly qualified team, we can help you sorting out any situation: review the documentation, ask for the appointment in the corresponding Consulate, track your file or application status, guide you prior submitting the documentation and after the visa has been granted and appeal in case of refusals among other legal procedures related to Immigration Law.

Spanish Types of Visa:

Depending on the type of visa you wish to apply for, you must consider that the Spanish Foreign Law sets forth different requirements and procedures. Our lawyers can help you understanding the complexity of the immigration laws. The first aspect you must consider is that the Spanish visas are divided in two groups: short term visa and long term visas.

  • Short term visa:

    This type of visa is known as the Schengen Visa or tourist visa which allows those non EU citizens to enter Spain as well as the rest of the countries of the Schengen Area for a period of 3 months or 90 days. With this type of visa you may study, make business or just do some tourism for you can reside temporarily in the country.

  • Long term visa:

    If you wish to reside for a long period in Spain, you may need to apply for a long term visa, and depending on the purpose of your visit you shall request and gather specific documents to apply for a particular visa. The most common types of visas or permits are:

    • Residence and work visa:

      It entitles a foreigner to live and work for a third party or as an autonomous in Spain. Once you have the contract or have all the requirements to prove that you can work on your own, you shall request this visa.

    • Wealth Visa:

      It entitles a foreigner to reside in Spain given that he or she has the sufficient financial means to covert his/her expenses while living in Spain without developing a lucrative activity.

    • Student Visa:

      If you have selected a program of your interest or will complete your internship in our country, you shall apply for a student permit for the set length of time to complete the said program.

    • Investor and property visa:

      If you are willing to invest a relevant amount of money in our country in property, business, bonds, deposits or shares, you may acquire the Spanish residency status in a shorter period of time.

Our Law Firm can help you applying for these and other permits. Also, we can help you bringing your family with you. Ask our attorneys about this and other legal matters when scheduling your legal appointment with us. Contact us now.